A good 3D architectural animation can give investors a good visual effect when inspecting the real estate project, and it can also strengthen construction companies’ competitiveness when they participate in bidding. Furthermore, 3D architectural animation is also of great significance to the project development and city planning. What is the production process of making a 3D architectural animation? I believe this is the question that every architectural enthusiast will consider before deciding to do 3D animation. Let’s reach out to learn about the specific process of 3D architectural animation production.
What is the process of 3D architectural animation?
1. Preparation stage
– Preliminary preparation
It’s, first and foremost, to determine the creative plan and script of the architectural animation, and then collect and organize the materials needed in the production. What follows is that we need to explain the production requirements, production plan, production arrangement and precautions in detail.
– Client data transfer
The client will hand over the project models, floor plans and various materials to the 3D animation company to do a good job of handing over.
– Determine the basic structure and style of the 3D walkthrough animation
We need to determine the basic structure according to the evaluation elements of design in the bidding documents and the requirements for the architectural animation. Besides, the style is set by each bidder according to the characteristics of the project.
– Determine the content of each lens in the 3D walkthrough animation
It’s essential to determine the content of each lens in accordance with the basic structure and key points of the elements of evaluation. What’s more, according to the bidding requirements, the total playback length of the 3D architectural animation is determined, and the length and content of each segment are determined.
2. Production of 3D Architectural Animation
– 3D modeling: First step is to display the building plan data or city planning drawings provided by the client in a 3D model. It’s well-known that making modeling requires not only patience, but also some skills. Our goal is to highlight the advantages of the project while to show the necessary details.
– Animation settings: After the basic model completing, we need to adjust the camera based on the script design and performance direction. When there are only themed buildings in the scene, you must first set the camera animation, which is helpful to refresh your graphics card.
– Texture and lighting: In order to make the best 3D animation, the scene should be in focus, with realistic colors. When adjusting the texture, in addition to considering the particularity of individual architecture or object, it is also necessary to pay attention to the overall coordination of the texture and lighting.
– Rendering output: 3D architectural animation must be rendered to output. The final purpose of modeling is to obtain static or animated renderings. And finally, the animations of different sizes and resolutions according to the production needs are rendered.
– Commentary writing and recording: The commentary is written according to the general text structure, the tender evaluation elements, and the animation duration. Then the amendments and addenda to the first draft will be proposed.
– Post-synthesis: It mainly use post-synthesis software to arrange the completed animation segments according to the commentary, add dubbing and background music, and finally generate animation video files.
3. The completion of 3D animation and visual effects
After the completion of 3D animation and visual effects, the 3D animation company will carefully check the sample and correct any deficiencies.
In a whole, we hope the above introduction can be of help to those who are learning to understand the process of 3D architectural animation! If you want to know more, please contact us.